Human Resources Services & Support
"Greetings! In Human Resources Services and Support, we
work hard to find, keep and grow extraordinary adults
who are committed to providing
incomparable instruction, services and schools for Oakland’s children.
We are the guardians of the OUSD employee experience; we are here to help every employee
thrive professionally, physically and emotionally so they can do their very best work everyday for OUSD's students.
We work for Oakland's children - we are The Oakland Way!"
Brigitte Marshall, Chief Talent Officer
1000 Broadway, Suite 295 (2nd floor) phone - 510-879-0202
Oakland, CA 94607 fax - 510-879-0228
Open Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Following is a quick listing of online and HR services, with links and contact information. With more than 4,500 active employees to serve, we have prioritized providing easy-to-access online resources to help employees get information and take care of routine tasks without delay. We encourage you to use these resources whenever possible to save yourself time and trouble!
These online resources require that you have an OUSD email address and user name
(your user name is derived from your email address). Every employee receives an email address shortly after joining OUSD.
If you are not sure whether you have an email address, please contact Tech Services at 879-8178.
- Employee online (EOL) -YOUR
employee information and access tool!
When you log in to EOL, you have access to information, forms, tools and
important updates from Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources. Additionally, you can access and review your own employment and pay information,
without waiting and at your convenience.
- Pay Resolution site - Paycheck errors (such as a short check, or no check) should be reported directly to the Payroll department using this site for the quickest response. You may also request assistance by contacting the Payroll department at 879-0843
- Employee Intranet Knowledge Center - The Knowledge Center is a comprehensive searchable online library of documents covering procedures and policies on virtually every area of employment- including Human Resources and Benefits functions such as coverage, enrollment, transfer requests, leave and return to duty information, and most other "business" documents you may need. This link takes you to the Employee Intranet home site, where the Knowledge Center resides. Browse and learn!
HRSS Staff and In-Office Services
- Confidential Staffing Analysts - Every OUSD employee has a Staffing Analyst, who can help with confidential and personal questions such as:
- Medical or Family leave – what is the process, am I eligible, etc
- Compensation (Differs from paycheck discrepancies): Am I on the right step and column of my contract scale? Am I eligible for schooling, longevity or other
stipend, or other pay increase?
- Requesting file review – by appointment
- Other confidential questions specific to your position, seniority, or file
Where you work will determine your Analyst. For a listing of which school is in which network (region), please click HERE
We strongly recommend emailing your questions to us before calling or dropping in, so we can begin researching the question as soon as possible. If we need to, we will contact you for more information.
- Substitute Services (click here for more detail, forms and resources on subbing)
- General info .................................... 273-3437
If you want to apply to be a substitute: Beginning June 2014, the Substitute Office will hold job fairs
for certificated and classified substitutes every third Friday at 1000 Broadway, 3rd floor, 9:30 - 11:30 am
*Teachers! Call 510-379-9303 as soon as you get your Employee ID to register and set up your account with SmartFind Express
- EL authorization and certification
- Bilingual Stipend eligibility
- Sub Tchr online recommendations
- MS, HS and Alt Ed credentialing Susie
Martin ..........510-879-0013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highly Qualified Teacher status
- Alameda County Credentialing Audit
- Elementary, Sp Ed, CDC, Adult Ed Suzanne Garrett ..510-879-4094 email@example.com
- Teaching Effectiveness (including 16 school Teacher Growth and Development System Pilot)
Tamara Arroyo, Manager ........... 510-879-8851 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment (please click here for more information on applying for all positions in OUSD)
- General information.....................
note all OUSD vacancies are posted online at www.EDJOIN.org
The Oakland Unified School District does not discriminate in any program, activity, or in employment on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, sex, or sexual orientation.